Thor Helical Remedial CD Wall Ties are an essential element for the stability of a cavity wall structure. An effective brick tie system transfers static and live loads across the cavity, enabling load-sharing by both inner and outer walls. Typically, cavity wall ties are bedded in a mortar bed joint as a building is constructed.
Cavity Wall Tie failure can be a consequence of a construction defect, for example they have been fitted incorrectly, or even omitted completely. Wall Ties may even have suffered corrosion over time, thereby compromising their load-sharing capabilities.
Thor Helical Remedial CD Wall Tie are the fastest fixing wall tie in the market. The unique fixing tool (feature above) is cost effective and easy to use (sold separately).
- Reliable in all types of masonry
- Unobtrusive to the overall structure
- Robust and corrosion free
- Engineered product upgrade
- Patented helix consistency
- Does not rely on adhesion
- Not affected by extreme temperatures, including fire
- Deep and continuous helical troughs prevent migration of water across the cavity
- Loads are spread evenly across the full penetrative length of the tie